I used to be ALL about color. I thought design was all about having bold color on your walls. And while this can be fun and can be a part of a great design, it doesn’t mean that a space without bold color is lacking. As I’ve matured (aka: aged 😉) I’ve come to adore white walls. I’ve heard people say that spaces with white walls feel cold and uninviting and sometimes they can. However, some people have walls that are white by choice (like me) or are apartment dwellers with no say in the matter. Either way, I can show you how to create a warm, inviting, and well-designed space with your blank canvas.
1. Make good use of color in textiles (pillows, throws, rugs)
2. Add wood elements
3. Artwork can bring warmth through color but also wood frames and visual texture.
4. Furniture in awesome colors
5. Add life through plants
6. Add texture with pillows
7. Let the light in! Natural sunlight gives your space a glow and warm it psychologically and physically.
8. Make a major element (like a door) a contrasting.
9. Keep it all white, but layer up on texture
10. Combine several of these tips.